Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Need to Workout!

I tried to sneak to gym today to train my legs to be fit for running. I've packed my bag with my gym attire and the running shoes that had partly caused me to have injury, but I bought with me thin socks this time unlike the cotton socks which I would usually wear before.

But there is a warning buzzer in the form of my sister reminded me that I should not go, for my nails might not grow anymore if I did.

7 days had already passed wherein I have zero workout. The last time that I went this long without a workout was when I went to tour in Hong Kong, that period was about three weeks, and I was several pounds heavier when I returned to Manila. I do not want that to happen ever again. But how could I risk going for a workout now with the threat that the nails might not grow back if I did? I certainly do not want to risk that. Because as per last night's inspection, I still could not see or feel any sign of my two toenails growing yet... I was trying to persuade the nails to grow and that my workout would not affect its growth. But that is just too risky.

So here I am now, going home again with my untouched gym attire and trying to think of a good workout scheme I could do while my toes were still having their vacation. Belly Dancing? Yoga? Both of them need closed shoes on. Taekwondo kicks? It might pressure the toes much. Swimming? My toes might get infected for I am not all too sure whether the injury is now closed or not. What more can I do? I definitely do not want to go out of shape!

Change of diet to low fats, which meant no more ice cream binging, no more unlimited pizzas, no more delicious chocolates, no more fried foods, and fewer rice servings. One thing I could not give up yet is my daily cup of milk tea, I know it's not healthy and has some fattening contents, so would need to think of ways to fight the extra calorie intake.

Someone please give me ideas as to how to be fit without pressuring the toes. :)

No comments: