Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2010 Greenfield City Sunset Run





The result for the 2010 Greenfield City Sunset Run at Sta Rosa, Laguna had finally came out! My time was:

Rank: 38/588 Bib Number: 1028 Finish Time: 00:59:47 Chip Time: 00:53:49 Split_5k6: 00:28:41


It had finally put an end for me from trying to recall what I did really saw on the timing board after I had crossed the finish line. I thought then that what I saw was 43 minutes, but I did not believe I have reached that time, for if I do, I would be on the top 3 of female category in 10K then but all I could remember then was 43 and 21 on the boards. Guess I would have to learn how to read the time there too...


My rank had raised a little bit from 76 2555 Bernardina Ong 27 F 54:28 5:27 on the April 11 2010 Mizuno Infinity Run. But as I am still a newbie in running, I do not know how to analyze my result. So I am still not sure whether the finish time of 59:47 was my actual time or that of 53:49 as per chip time. :/ I was really nervous at the start of the run so was not able to look at my watch at the time of gun start. Well anyways, the result is not as what I wanted to have. I wanted to be at sub-50 on that run as that was already my second 10K run, but guess I was still not that well-prepared.



The race was held at Greenfield, Sta Rosa Laguna last April 24 2010. Since I lived in Manila, so I had to take the bus ride from the Mayflower parking lot in Mandaluyong arranged by the event organizer to reach the race venue. And as per my body condition, I could not drink much water or eat anything while on a long ride to avoid any stomach upset that I would have whenever I have eaten more than a handful of food. When we arrived there, I still could not drink or eat much for the race would start in an hour or so, so I was on the brim of dehydration even before the start of the run but I did drank a few sips of Gatorade just minutes before so as to energize myself a bit. Could not drink much liquid before the run too for if I did, I would have side stitches even at the start of the race. Arte talaga ng body but that's how it is...hayz


While on the run, I had visited all of the water stations and grabbed the sponges offered to keep me somehow hydrated to finish the run. As I am rethinking what had happened to me then, I guess maybe I was just overacting with being dehydrated for it was just 10K and not 21K that I had run then, I would not need that much water in my body to last about an hour run, maybe just not used to traveling that distance just for the run...:D



At the start of the run, I was tempted to give up and abandoning the race for I was really running out of breath and it was hard for me to breathe properly coz even though it was quite windy yet there were huge amount of dusts in those continuous gusts of winds but ironically I felt the weather was kinda humid. For quite sometime there, I was afraid the strong winds would flick me to the ground so I forced myself to just keep on going against the wind...not an easy task..

During the race, I told myself repeatedly and prayed to the Lord to keep me safe for the entire race and trying to enjoy the gusts of wind and getting used to it while running and watching the sun slowly retiring until it had left the horizon entirely.
While at the race, we had encountered a blue vehicle that had a blind driver I think, for he still drove on to the runners lane that is filled with runners running. It was already marked as roads closed, yet he still has the guts to crash in on us, so I guess he must be blind. His blasting of horn while trying to drive through us really irritates me. What if some runners was not able to see it coming? They would be injured then. Hmph! Good thing Coach Rio was patrolling at that time, so he had taken care of the car before it goes all the way through. After the run, I had saw him and had a photo taken with him. :)
















My stamina is still very weak, and would easily run out of breath, so one of those things I do not like most while running is to breathe in carbon dioxide, and air pollution from car exhausts. So usually for my training I would just opt for the gym at Slimmers World for there would be not much pollution present. But then, I would have to train myself to finish my run within an hour at the most for if not, there would be someone asking me to step down from the treadmill, and that is something I really avoided from happening. Kakahiya kaya yun..



For this run, I had already changed my diet from previously 2 slices of bread in the morning and 2 packs of biscuits for lunch and heavy dinner to a cup of rice and an egg for breakfast and a cup of rice and viands for lunch and light dinner. But as for my sleep time, yep I know, it is still the same, still very lacking in sleep hours, so for my goal now, I would have to really take care of my sleeping time...:D
So in preparation for the next run, I would need to train more, to get to use with running at longer distances and faster pace, and improve on my sleeping time. Guess that's it first. :)


I would like to thank firstly the Lord for keeping me safe in the whole trip, then to my sister for always being there for me and even lending me your iPod when I just found mine malfuncioning some minutes before gunstart.


Really nice to see and meet Adination Takbo.ph members. Hope to see you all in the future runs! :)














After this run, I am realizing that I love running! I do not care anymore for whatever final time I would have, before this run, I was really pressured (by myself for reasons even unknown to me) to have good finish time so I was not able to really enjoy running, it was sort of like an endurance test wherein I would need to grit my teeth and finish. But after this run, I am learning to enjoy it. And I can say...I'm loving it! <3

1 comment:

Forsaken said...

Aja atsi! :D
You can do it!
You did a great job with your 53-ish finish time! mwah!