Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Analyzing my 2010 Greenfield Sunset Run

I've went to the gym today to push myself for a 15K run. And I've achieved it but not that satisfied with the results though.. Hopefully I could do better in my next run...

While at the gym, I was able to have water break after every 5K, so I am wondering now why is it that I had to make all those stopovers at water refilling stations and sponge grabbing stations while at the last run, what had happened to me then?? Till now I'm still quite puzzled... I was not able to make the last dash/sprint when I was near the finish line but there is still enough stamina/energy left in me for me to cross the line for that.

For now, I would need to be more serious with my training, coz Neutrogena Run is just 2 weeks away... My goal on the run is to have a good PR and nice photo with PhotoVendo. :D

I am getting thinner and thinner these days... I need to add a little more meat in me.:( Before my problem was because I was a little bit chubby so I would need to lose weight, but now it is the other way around. Maybe it was due to my increased physical exhaustion: Monday frisbee night, Tuesday running night, Wednesday running/gym night, Thursday swimming/badminton night, Friday running/gym night, Saturday rest day on alternate weeks when there would be runs on Sunday, and Sunday every other week fun run. Guess I would still need to somehow modify my diet. But as to how, I still don't know...

2 comments:

Brando Losaria said...

if you plan to get serious re running you should stay away from activities with sudden bursts of lateral movement like badminton/ Frisbee.

re "weight" try eating more "quality" food and eat quite often. stay away from fastfood and the likes. swimming is a great way to cross train swimming uses the the upper body, great way to complement if someone is also into running. And as an effect to all of us who are into running, our metabolism will of course be "higher" than those living laid back lives, your genes are also a great factor and tingin ko naman ay natural sa iyo ang maging slim.

You should also rest quite often, you maybe risking yourself to injuries if you do all those activities in a week.

re neutrogena, it was reshceduled to the next day.

good luck berns, photovendo will certainly take NICE photos of maka PR ka man o hindi :P

Berns Ong said...

Aw ok, will try to limit myself from it then..:D Why kaya maka-affect sa running ang frisbee? Di b running involved din un? hmmmm

Yep yep, I'm eating healthy food these days, my only unhealthy food are daily cup of milk tea and occasional ice cream..:p

Ok thanks, sad that it had moved to Sunday, I've got work that day, so it meant I would not be able to stay on for that much time afterwards because I've got to rush off to work after the run and some photos.. :(

Most often my PhotoVendo pix are not ok, it usually had me looking like I would pass out soon...:D